Sunday, July 6, 2008

Froggin'

Yes, I do realize this is my second post for the day, but hey let's just say I'm making up for the terrible job I've been doing! So last night was rather interesting. Trevor and his dad (Jerry) decided they wanted to introduce me to something called 'frogging'. I was a little suspicious at first, but it turned out to be so much fun! We drove out to a pond by a golf course we live by with a big net and covered ourselves in bug spray. We were each securely fastened with a flashlight. I never realized how deep a ribbit from a frog really is. You could hear them all over it was crazy. I never thought in a million years that I would actually hold a frog -- not just a tiny frog, but the biggest one of the night. I'd like to say I'm the proud catcher of the largest amphibian of the night:) I'd also like to say the face in the picture says it all! they are squishy, sticky and they jump when you least expect it!

Here's my big fat froggy!! I named him Herbert:)

Trev's first catch of the night! Look we even taught them to play dead!

3 comments:

The Yates Family said...

OH MY GOSH! Um, I think your face explains my feelings as well for holding frogs. Those things are HUGE! Bleah. Tooele boys have an interesting idea of what's fun, don't they!

Ali Andrus said...

Yay! I'm so happy you posted again. Lindsey will be so proud. That is one freakin big froggie you've got there, weinus! Looks like good times :)

Lindsey said...

You're cheating. You can't go kissing anymore frogs, b/c you have already found your prince charming....save some for the rest of us.
PS....I almost wet myself looking at that picture of you holding the frog....I have never been so proud:)