Thursday, July 12, 2012

Madi's B-day Party

 The weekend before Madi turned 3
we had a little birthday party with some of her friends!
I had many games planned and decor,
but OF COURSE plans
had to change due to TORNADOS!!!
Instead of our backyard we swaped
for the gym at the church.
Half the games were cut out,
but that didn't stop us from having so much fun!
Madi chose to have a RAINBOW theme.


 We had lucky charms, colored goldfish,
fruit kabobs and candy by the dozens! We had them start out by guessing how many skittles were in the jar....and yes I color coordinated so it looked like a rainbow! 333 - My friend Randi guessed right on the nose! Who thinks of that number?? They made candy necklaces and bracelets.


 I made some bean bags and they had to throw them in a big bucket and then they got to go over and pop a balloon (which did look like a rainbow, but the wind tore about 20 balloons off as we moved it from the car to the church. It was a mess!!) Inside the balloons were little prizes!


 The decorating began! Everyone got to decorate their cupcakes like rainbows in the sky! Every kids face was BLUE - I loved it :) Then of course we let Madi blow out candles on hers and we had presents! For a last minute switch I was pleased. We have such amazing friends out here that we love so much! ( Thanks girls for taking all the pictures since I of course FORGOT my camera! ) Madison had so much fun celebrating with her friends and we were glad everyone got home safely in time for the storms!






 Madi has hit the 'very curious' stage.
We love her passion for learning new things!
"Why is that mommy?","How does that work?"
We hear these every day!
My favorite quotes as of late...

We were driving to the Young's house I believe,
and as we pass over the freeway off Fairlawn
there is a bump in the road.
As we flew over it ( trev was driving )
I said 'oh that tickled my tummy'
Trev said 'that tickled my insides'
Madi piped in 'that tickled my bum!'

At the dinner table Madi moved her chair
over so she was sitting next to Trevor.
During dinner she kept touching his sleeve when she would talk to him.
He was getting quite annoyed and kept asking nicely if she wouldn't do that
so that his shirt wouldn't get dirty.
after a few times Madi could tell he was getting ticked.
And right when he was about to say it one more time
Madi hurried and started singing
"If you chance to meet a frown...."
We all started laughing and eventually Trevor joined in too.
We LOVE that she knows how to make us all smile!


We love you Madi Moo!!

2 comments:

Ali and Brig said...

I can't believe she's only three! Even though she's teeny, she acts like a five year old and is probably smarter than one. Cute party!

Coup n' Kal said...

she really is so adorable! and you're the cutest mom ever. Awesome party!!