Wednesday, July 18, 2012

April adventures

Besides Madi's birthday we were able to find time inbetween
Trevor's school and work to play!
We had the awesome experience of have a new temple built
and dedicated recently!
They had asked for volunteers to help out with the
tours so Trevor was able to go over and
do some tours on two different days.
They also asked the RS to help make tissue box covers.
I didn't realize how time consuming these things were!!
It was a very learning and touching experience for Madison
to be able to go in the temple before it was dedicated.
She has always been very fond of the temple
and has a collection of pictures she keeps in her room.



 Both girls did so well during the tour
and it was so special to be able to teach and be there together as a family.
 I rarely take my camera with me to our 'play dates' every Wednesday
with the JRC law wives!
I'm sure glad I brought it this time.
We were able to explore through the fire station and
meet some awesome fire fighters.
Madi was pretty nervous when this one got dressed up
in all his garb.
Notice she is the farthest away:)


 Afterwards we took all the kiddos to Sonic 
and played on the slides and sand!
We sure love hangin' out with this gang!
 I love having a LOOOONG spring!
Perfect weather.
We swim many times a week :)
These girls would die without water!


 In prep for Cinco De Mayo!!
Madi and I took the opportunity to make
a pinata while Rae babe was snoozin' away!

 She's a perfectionist.....
had to have it in the right spot. 
She did fabulous,
now we wait while it dries!
 Madi had a wee bit of an accident.
She was running out the front door with an otter pop in the other.
She was pulling the door shut and BAM, smashed her ring finger!
As I reached her all I could see was blood gushing everywhere. 
Ugh!
I got it all cleaned up and noticed it turning black already.
Her nail kept lifting and eventually fell off (on her birthday of all days)
It has successfully grown back in and she is so happy to have it back.
We had fun painting her 'stub' and watching how fast it grew :)
 Madi's new love this month is soccer!
She's quite good at dribbling the ball all across the yard.
I was really impressed!!
 Trevor built her a HUGE goal.
I'm talking almost the size of a real one...
He informed me the kiddy ones wouldn't do.
She's doing a victory dance after she schooled her dad....
 The Elders are over often in our house...
I bet they didn't think they'd get a make over before
before they met their investigators that night!
We enjoy having them over,
Madi loves their stories and object lessons :)

 Trev found some shutters on craig's list for 30 bucks!
We painted them black to match the door and wow,
the house looks fantastic!!
 I was talking on the phone one night with my older bro
when the tornado sirens started blazing!
The power went out...which wasn't a big deal
cause that isn't too unusual.
Kinda made me nervous having the sirens though.
We went downstairs with pj's and flashlights and turned
on a movie for the kids on the laptop.
After the hail and lightening stopped we went back up to enjoy what little light
we had left of the sun since the electricity was still out.
Madi's vote won and we played candy land till bed :)
Luckily we saw no tornados in our neighborhood!
 This is the girls' favorite hide out lately!
I love that Rae is getting old enough to really
enjoy playing with Madi!
 Random nights of playing UNO.
This girl is serious when it comes to UNO!
Her favorite...."I SKIP YOU!!!"
 We still can't tell what color these beautiful BIG eyes are going to be.
They keep changing from brown to blue and back to brown...

1 comment:

Coup n' Kal said...

love love love. you guys are adorable! glad a tornado didnt get you!