Sunday, January 29, 2012

DECEMBER

December came and went too fast
its hard to remember everything we did!


A week before Thanksgiving we had
Raelee in the ER
with a double ear infection.
She healed quick and
then a couple weeks after she got that
nasty flu that went around
where absolutely everything was
coming out BOTH ends.
Rae only had it one day,
then I got it and Madi started right about
the time I finished,
I ended up taking her to the ER
because she couldn't keep any liquids
down and started throwing up some blood.
On our way to the ER that night
Trevor was home while Raelee
was asleep, and he started
throwing up!!
Madi had an IV and was so brave.
All the nurses adored her,
she come home with a beautifully
decorated barf bucket from all
the stickers she received!
And by the next afternoon we were
all feeling MUCH better,
and 6 lbs lighter:)
( we would kick butt in biggest loser now that we know the trick! haha )



I was cooking in the kitchen while Madison was
doodling on some paper,
she got all excited and came over and said,
"Look mommy! I wrote my own name by myself!"
Sure enough,
I didn't have to tell her any of the letters!



It surely didn't feel like Christmas in Kansas...
until you saw all the lights!
The day before we left for Utah,
it was 60 degrees.
We heard it got up to 71 while we were gone!!


Raelee also turned 5 months!
Her stats this month
consist of a whole lotta hair
and she eats through baby food like crazy.



We drove.
16 hours!
Thanks to priceline,
we got a killer deal on a hotel in Denver
and split the drive in two days.
The girls were FABULOUS!
We played a lot of 'I spy'
and 'name that tune'.
If Madi wasn't reading,
it was this...
Of course we couldn't leave without her
'buddy' Clifford



And literally this is what Raelee
did 90% of the time...



Everyone was happy to have a fun
night in Denver!!



We made it safely to the frozen tundra!
We thoroughly enjoyed staying with Nana and Papa!!
We played with cousins, aunties, uncles
and friends!
It seemed like there wasn't a moment
that we sat still.


Raelee snuggled Trevor's cousins
Tiffany and Darcey to death!
She loved them!!


two peas in a pod!



Madi has discovered computer games
and typing in Word.
She was quite sneaky and convinced
her uncles many times to play with her.


Trevor discovered Rae could hold a bottle
all on her own when mommy went out the the
adult girls!





A ride on daddy's shoulder .....


equals this!
haha!!
We discovered Rae has acid reflux on our trip.


Tucker was Raelee's horsey



Nana cuttin' the delicious turkey!




I thought since we weren't with my dad
that we would get away with discovering
'new' things to feed the baby.
I was wrong.
Thank you Papa.


Tradition on my side of the family.
Trevor and I still like to do gingerbread
houses wherever we are!



We were able to skype my Mom and Dad
on Christmas Eve!!
It was really hard not being able to travel a little
farther to see them in Cali,
but hopefully this summer!!
It's been over a year now that we've seen them!


Christmas morning was spent with
cute cousin Treygan!!


The girls had so much fun
and SHARED!


Paper was Raelee's favorite of course!




The lovely Nana & Papa



We miss these two...well three,
David was MIA!!




Darcey took Madi and Rae
to ride on some of her ponies!
They were so THRILLED!!
Madison road one all by herself.




We did make it up north for a few
SHORT
days, to see more family and friends!
I totally forgot to use my camera
everywhere we went cause
I was too busy enjoying myself!

Madi LOVES her uncle Dave,
they have a pretty sweet bond.
One of a kind :)



I never missed my brother's bball games
when he played in high school,
so it was fun to be able to
see him play some Alumni games!
Madi thought it was cool
and Rae was totally entertained and sat
in her car seat the entire game!





It was sooo good to see our family,
Madi was able to play with her cousins!
I enjoyed spending time with my brother and sister
and of course,
we got to see Auntie Karol :)

Then back down to Nana and Papa's for a few more days.
i LOVE his glasses...
so stylin'



Madison is SO good and entertaining herself.
What good sports they are!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!



2012 - yup,
Madi stayed up till midnight,
Rae was tucked away in the crib :)


Let me guess,
you've probably said it at least once,
or thought
"dang, that girl has hair"
This was right before we took the buzzers to it.



You'll have to wait till the next post to see the after! Ha sorry:)
It looks lots better though!


Loopy as ever, hope everyone had
a GREAT new year!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate pie and cake too! But give me ice cream any day! By the way. We live in Oregon now. Crazy! We have been here for almost one month and we love it!

Roseanne said...

Man what a fun mom are you! The colored rice! Wow. I don't know if I dare so that, you are so brave! Lucky Madison has such a good mom. I still can't believe she can write her name. Wyatt better pick up the pace!