Monday, April 27, 2009

New Arrival

Sorry for the delay in announcing our gorgeous daughter - we've been trying to catch up on some sleep:) Trevor and I had an AMAZING April 17th, not only did Trevor get out of school that day.... we were finally able to meet our little peanut Madison Grace. Notice she has a full head of hair!! She was 20in long and a whopping 8lbs 4oz - so naturally she ate right after she got cleaned up and checked out. To be completely honest, we haven't had any problems feeding since..... mommy's little porker:) Nothin' wrong with stayin' full!! The doctor was surprised how good her coloring has been -- yay no billi-bed for us! She absolutely perfect!

I've gotta say, to all those who tried to scare me -- it really wasn't as bad as you all said!! I was very grateful for that:) To prove to everyone, here I am SMILING while I got my epidural!!!


Here we are right after delivery....


It's hard to describe the feelings in just the right way when you get to witness a miracle ... I didn't think Trevor and I could become any closer than we already are, yet I was wrong. Being able to create this darling girl together and see her enter this world has only opened our eyes to the wonderful journey ahead of us. Trevor never left my side in the hospital....only to get me more water and treats:) He was a trooper and stayed both nights! I have to say, I got stinkin' lucky cause I have the best husband in the world! It's been so much fun to see Trevor with Madison. He is such a good daddy....he even gets up in the night sometimes to help burp so mom can get some sleep!

He's been able to work, go to school and now get ready for finals while still being my sexy man and a fabulous father! How could I want anything else??!?! Here is our first photo of our family of 3!!

Madison is just over a week old now! I can't believe it's already been that long. Time does fly when you've got a sweet baby to stare at:) At our last dr appointment she weighed in at 7lbs 12oz, so she's doing great.

She stretches like a little adult - you think I'm kidding, but it's the funniest thing in the world! She makes the cutest faces and magically has found her thumb a few times!

She's been holding her head up really well ever since we were in the hospital. She now only wakes me up twice a night for feedings.....THANK YOU!! ....... most nights, that is. She loves to get her hair washed and lotioned up. She hates dirty diapers .... this could be good for potty training in the future. She sleeps best with noise and her feet sticking out of the blanket, just like mommy! (but don't worry, I make sure she's bundled and not freezing) She takes comfort in her daddy's voice, he always soothes her so well. We recently discovered that auntie lynds has the golden touch to make her poop.....so if we aren't seeing any dirty diapers coming, we know who to call!

Overall this has been an awesome experience! I LOVED being pregnant....except the last three weeks, but who honestly does like the very end? I felt so lucky not having morning sickness.... I would have died having that with my job! I think I threw up only like two or three times total, the best one was because I laughed too hard... only I could do that! I didn't get WAY huge, I never wore maternity pants:) Yes, I've had many people curse me for that one. The one I am most happy about is the fact that I recieved no stretch marks!!! I checked all the time and somehow came out lucky! As for the labor, I'd say the worst thing was having to hold my breath! Something tells me I shouldn't keep my hopes up for next time:)

13 comments:

The Yates Family said...

Keesa, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We Cooks do a good job at making beautiful babies, I must admit. :) Congratulations to you guys, I am so happy for you. Enjoy every moment you have with her because they grow up so stinkin' fast.

Lindsey said...

I do have a rare but amazing gift:).....I LOVE her, by the way!! SHE is SOOO beautiful and those eyes are going to be DANGEROUS someday:) Thanks for letting me play with her! I LOVE YOU and congrats!!

Ali Andrus said...

Keesa you look gorgeous in your hospital pics. That is not fair! Guess that explains the gorgeous baby... you are an amazing mother already I am sure. We are so happy for you! I can't wait to meet your little princess girl. :)

Whit said...

Congrats You guys! She is so beautiful. I hope we get to see her soon it is a good excuse to get together since it has almost been a year since we have seen you. I bet you two are the sweetest most fun parents.

Chelsea said...

Yay congratulations! I agree with every comment about how beautiful your baby is, and I also agree with the comment that you looked good for a pregnant woman about to have her baby. :)

Alycia said...

Congrats! What a darling little girl! Glad to hear everthing went well!

Shelley said...

She is so gorgeous, I can't wait to see her!

Tori said...

Congrats! She is adorable and sounds like such a good baby! Enjoy her because time sure flies by!!

p.s. you look gorgeous while delivering...not fair!!

Cindy said...

You are right!!! She really is beautiful... just like her grandpa said she was! I can't wait to see her in person. Good luck with everything!
Cindy

Miller time said...

Keesa!!!! WOW! first I was shocked that you were married and then a baby too!! congrats on both. I hope things are going good for you. We should catch up some time. Lunch? See you soon.

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

Keesa, she is so cute! I can not believe how much hair she has. By the way you sure do look good in all of the pictures at the hospital.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

I totally dont care! You canc heck my blog whenever you want! I will add you to my list! Your baby girl is the most beautiful little thing Keese! She looks so prefect and adorable! You are so lucky to have made such a miracle! I miss workin with ya but feel free to stop in next door and say hi next time your in the office! I would love to see you! Good luck with everything!

Kallee said...

Oh Keesa! I wish so badly that I could have held and kissed Madison before we left. We did come to visit you, but for some reason you were on a get away with your husband?? How fun!

She's absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to hold her at Christmas time.