Thursday, August 18, 2011

Free fence anyone???

Today a few of the other
1st yr law students' wives came
over for lunch and to hand out before
Raelee's doctor appointment.

We were all having a grand time,
ate lunch with the kiddos,
laughing and enjoying
all the stories being told!

After lunch,
we let Macey and Madison
get into their swimming suits
and head out back into the pool.
The four of us adults stayed inside
at the table with the
babies and watched out the sliding door.

Madison is 2 and Macey is 3.
They were having a blast together,
it was so fun to see Madi playing wonderfully
with someone actually close to her age!
(She seems to prefer age 6 - adult age)

We were talking,
as women do best,
and all the sudden noticed the girls were no longer in the pool!
Madison never leaves my sight,
and Macey never leaves Sarah either....

We walked around front,
thinking they had to be there.
No girls in sight!

Randi stayed with Raelee and Hazen
While Sarah, Missy and I took off
running in every direction!
Screaming their names, we heard nothing.
I haven't been so scared, upset and angry
all at once.
My heart was sinking as I couldn't
find any trace of the girls.
Finally Missy yelled to us,
they had gone into someone's
backyard in a playhouse!!

I think they weren't responding to Missy
because they knew they did something
wrong.
Both girls were crying,
Madi was saying
"don't be mad mommy!"
I wasn't mad in the least!!
I was so grateful to have my baby girl back.
We had a good discussion with the girls,


....and I decided we need a fence



1 comment:

Korryn said...

trust me...it won't be the last time that happens...just wait until madi discovers the round racks at the store and decides to hide in them ;)