Monday, March 14, 2011

Say What??

So, apparently my little girl is growing
up a little faster than
I had truly hoped!

Not only did she tell Trevor the other
day as he was helping her get dressed
"daddy, I don't wear onsies anymore"
BUT,
she informed me on Friday evening
"I don't want my diapers anymore mommy"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??
So, I figured since she wanted to
poop in the potty at 18 months,
why not just give the whole thing a try?!

HA!
This is going to be an interesting few days!
We went and bought miss priss some
BIG girl panties - she even picked out her own:)
One problem, sure hope they fit!
This girl is tiny, and the smallest I could find
was a 2T/3T.

So here is to our new adventure that
will begin tomorrow!
Any suggestions??




Wish us luck!!





4 comments:

The Yates Family said...

Kees, as much as you will hate me for saying this later on...DO NOT LET HER WEAR PULL UPS! Kids think they are just another diaper. When we were potty training Jocey, we had her go and sit on the toilet every 30 minutes (we bought an egg timer just for PT). Then, we increased it to 60 minutes. But the biggest help was just having her in panties. Any time I put her in pull ups, she just had accidents. Good luck! It's a good time to get it done!

trevor and keesa said...

ya, our dr told us to avoid pull ups when i asked about it a few months ago! i'm glad to know someone else agrees:) thanks catherine!!

Julianne Howes said...

Holy! Is she 2 or is she 5? What a big girl! :)

Coup n' Kal said...

she is so dang smart! I obviously don't have any experience, but I know people that have used sticker charts as positive reinforcement to work up to earning a potty prize :).