Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Secret, Secret I Gotta Secret


So, by the picture you can all pretty much guess what our next post is gonna be about!! Ya, I'm still trying to soak it all in myself:) So about two months ago I was late, and for me that isn't normal...but in my mind I made myself think "eh, it'll come" -- yup, sure didn't!! Trevor decided I needed to take a test. There was the most faintest pink line you'll ever see in your life and he starts jumping around getting all excited. I took one look and laughed, there was barley anything there! There's no way, so of course it was decided I would take one again the next day... another faint pink line. I kept looking over at it again and again, not really believing it. We didn't tell anyone for awhile. I did write my little brother that is on a mission -- he had just about the best reaction of anyone! He's so excited -- mostly to see my big belly when he gets home:) Now that both of our families know, we can now let you all in on our little secret!! (I'm sure you're feeling lots of relief Lynds, you can tell whoever you want now!) WE'RE HAVING A BABY!
I've been pretty lucky I think, I was only really nauseated for about a 1 1/2 weeks, luckily no throwing up -- except the other day I was dumping some stuff in the garbage and I guess the smell was just a little too nasty for my stomach and my breakfast ended up in the kitchen sink. It truly amazes me how strong my nose is now! I smell the slightest things and it can make my stomach churn so bad. We had our first doctor's appointment and everything looks really good. It was crazy to see that I actually have a little human growing in me - I'm gonna be a mommy! We saw the baby wiggle it's arms and legs and flip back and forth. Made me think our baby will be quite the little rug-rat if it's already squirming!
Trevor has been such a sweet husband. I can't believe how tired I am all the time! He's been so good at giving me massages and running to the store because I just can't seem to get back up after work! Luckily, I should be getting more energy here in a few weeks.
As time goes on I've gotten more and more excited! Being able to see the ultrasound made it a lot more real to me. I'm so excited we have the opportunity to be parents. I sit and think about how insane it is that our bodies can produce another human. I've been on this site that tells me everything that is developing every week with our baby (thanks to Alicia) and It's such a miracle to watch it grow so fast! I'm 11 weeks now, and everything critical is already developed! Only fine details and weight gain are left. We know there are going to be scary, rough, wanting to pull our hair out times ( thanks to watching older siblings have children:) ) but we are excited and so happy to go on this new journey of our lives!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

OH MY GOSH!! I AM SHOCKED!! I had no idea!! Woah...that is amazing!!
Seriously!! That is the most fantastic news I have ever heard!! I am SOOO excited to be an non blood AUNT!! SERIOUSLY I can't believe you have kept this from me for so long!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!!!!! Yafreakinhoo!!! I am SUPER excited for you guys!! a big congrats from down south!!! LOVE YOU

Lindsey said...

ps....thank you for finally telling people...I have had the HARDEST time keeping my big mouth shut. But I did it!! Now you have to name the little munchkin after me. You promised...(not really, but your pregnant, and prob don't remember anyways:)

The Yates Family said...

Congratulations you guys! That's so exciting! Have you told Sara yet? You better call her and tell her! That's awesome news.

Ali Andrus said...

I sense some sacrcasm in Lindsey's first comment. Hmmm... looks like she gets to be a non blood aunt to TWO new babies! I was looking at Lindsey's blog and saw your comment and came straight to your blog and yes, its true!!! I am SOOO excited for you! We are going to be mommies right around the same time. We can have play dates! Does Liz know? Is Liz pregnant? We need another roomie reunion, I'm dying to catch up on all you guys. I'm glad you found that website useful, me too! Well, keep me updated on everything. Miss you!

Ali Andrus said...

guess what? I've been feeling our little guy moving around a TON today! I can't wait for you to start feeling yours move around. Its the coolest feeling :)

Alycia said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. You will be the cutest mom ever!

Whit said...

congrats guys! We miss you and love you! And we are sooooooo excited for you too! Kees you are going to be the cutest pregnant lady :)

Kallee said...

FINALLY you update your blog! Karol called a couple of days ago and said you were pregnant but I wasn't sure if I could call you or not? I decided to check your blog and it's been posted for over a week now. Keesa, we are so excited for you. You are going to be the funnest mom in town, no doubt about it!

You really do have a sweet husband and I loved, loved the last post. Can't wait to see the little bun outside the oven!!